Internet Defamation Removal . Google Defamation Lawyers .
Contact us for a free & Confidential Consultation
We are skilled Internet defamation attorneys and online libel lawyers – focusing on quickly locating and identifying “anonymous” infringers through the analysis of complex electronic data and use of digital forensic resources. When necessary, we can protect your reputation through the expeditious initiation of litigation seeking damages and attorneys’ fees, and subpoena the relevant Internet Service Provider to provide information revealing the identity of the “anonymous” cyber-attacker.
The majority of these personal and professional attacks upon the reputation and good-will of an individual or a legitimate business are “anonymous” in nature, using anonymous e-mail addresses or screen names, and made with the intention of evading identification by their victim, and thus, liability. Adding further complexity, pursuant to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, Internet Service Providers are generally not liable for the defamatory comments of its users. Despite the fact that most Internet Service Providers refuse to remove libelous user-generated content, Internet anonymity does not render the end-user, or “publisher,” immune from prosecution.
Typically, defamation plaintiffs must prove material harm. The most common forms are lost wages, business decline, or sinking stocks. In some jurisdictions, plaintiffs can also point to mental anguish and other medical vicissitudes.
You’ve heard the saying: “It’s not defamation if it is true.” And yes, for the vast majority of slander and libel lawsuits, this adage holds true. However, in some jurisdictions, a judge can declare a truth defamatory if the defendant acted with actual malice. Plus, if you can evidentiarily prove that a defendant made a false statement of fact, then it's possible to win a claim – even if the defendant told the truth. (In other words, we live in an imperfect world. If plaintiffs are more convincing than defendants, the plaintiffs have a shot at winning.)
Through a combination of legal strategies and proven techniques, we not only stop the defamation, but we also help clients completely remove content from nearly every type of website on the Internet, including business review and complaint websites, discussion boards, news websites, blogs, social media websites, and cheater and gossip websites. Our clients benefit from working directly with attorneys who remove the damaging online content as well as provide actual legal representation to obtain cease and desist letters, coordinate with law enforcement agencies, and obtain court ordered injunctions and removal orders. When appropriate, our attorneys also work to obtain compensation for damages and emotional distress.
• Internet defamation runs rampant in today’s highly networked web space. If you’ve been the victim of online slander—personally or in business—our Internet defamation attorneys want you to know that you DO have options.
• It’s extremely important in today’s connected society to protect and maintain your online reputation—don’t let a single defamatory comment turn potential clients away.
• Our Internet Defamation lawyers have proven experience handling online defamation cases of all scales.
• Online Defamation Assessment and Removal*
• Social Media Defamation Assessment and Removal*
• Libel or Slander Review and Assessment
• Anti-SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) Motions
• Defamation Litigation
• Section 230 of Communications Decency Act Analysis
• Revenge Porn Representation